Thursday, August 28, 2008

facing fats

So the cardiologist(who is a theatrical brute if ever there was one) puts his pointy finger in my face and says, "I have two words for you: Jenny Craig." While I have personally never known a soul who lost even an ounce on Jenny, he seems to believe in it. I do not, so I "switch pitched" him with the idea of Medifast. He agreed. And here I am today, 5# lighter, one week later, with the lowest blood sugar readings in the last ...oh ...4 or 5 years. I could not be happier. I actually have energy now that the swirling sugars are actually getting into some cells.  Alas, they're not up to the brain cells yet, but...

So I know you are all asking, "yeah but, how's it taste??!?" My answer is 'good.' I opted for the 5+1 plan (the most radical) which allows me 5 (count 'em) Medifast meals + one meat and veggie meal each day. I actually managed to get all 5+1 consumed in one day once! It's a lot of ingesting. Now, to be fair, a Medifast "meal" is about a cup of their hot cocoa, soup, shake or pudding.  But honestly, it is enough. And when you sit down at night to your meager portion of salad, cauliflower and protein, it is heavenly! Excited about a grilled chicken breast?? Oh you bet I am! 

So at the risk of boring you silly, I will update you from time to time on my progress. And if you want to know more, it's www.medifastdiet.com.

Better go. Storm's a-brewin'  (hey, it's summer in Florida. Storms are always a-brewin')

Love you all,
Teri


No comments: