Tuesday, August 19, 2008

6 Women WHo Matter a Lot to Me

I am fortunate to have close friendships with 6 remarkable women. Let me tell you about them.
Let me start with Ms. Diva who has more style than anyone I know, and remarkably, also more substance than most. I find her inspirational. And extraordinarily talented. And beautiful. And witty as hell. 

Next, there is yet-another-Terri. This one is seldom seen and rarely heard from, but let Don Henley sing about Ray-bans or suntans and she comes to mind, smiling and fascinating.  This one is independent and her heart is enormous. If we manage to save this planet, credit goes to her. I miss her. 

Next up, thing one and thing two--my first and last born. Remarkable women. One as mercurial as she can be, and as bright as sunshine. The other cool like moonlight and steady as the tide. If I ever did anything right, it was with these two who continue to light up my world--day and night.

Then there is another M. One of the funniest women I ever met. A thinker, but impatient enough to charge into anything, eyes wide open, ready to see what happens. I hope she's still stirring things up. She does it so well. I admire her life force and her vast human energy. 

And last, but by no means least, there is D. She lives across the village square in a tall house with ample porches, but it could be a plantation house or a Tudor. The point is it has to be a romantic dwelling with flowers in bloom outside or a tall fir decorated with Christmas lights in a leaded window.  Inside there is a piano, a pot of tea, lacy curtains and lots and lots of books. Don't be fooled however. This is no wimp. She is a strong, brave, adventurer with the heart of a lion and the gentle demeanor of a lamb. Classy as they come--and soulful as the Blues.

I love you, gals. Even if I don't say it nearly often enough.

2 comments:

Terri said...

Pshaw. The adoration is mutual, my dear hurricane-dweller. There aren't many women I'd fly down to see on a sandbar far, far from home.

BTW, I like your picture! You cut your hair and it's CUTE! You vamp.

M1 said...

Ahhh. I must be the sun, never as moody as my moon sister.
Welcome to blogging. I shall read it often!
I love you!