Monday, September 8, 2008

you don't suppose....??

Okay, I admit. i am starting to worry. Seems like the ignoble opposition is gaining way too many headlines with their "pull the string and she talks" Northwoods Barbie. Could anyone other than right-wing nuts, mindless Christian sheep and complete morons be taking her candidacy seriously? Might all this press translate into v..v...votes? 

I always like to think the best about the American public--being one myself and all---but this is the same population that elected "dubya"--twice!  I fear the same group will bleat their way to the polls again and pull the same lever. This time, 'cause McCain reminds 'em of Gramps (may he rest in peace) and Barbie is just really cute and really spunky!  "ha ha ha pitbull with lipstick ha ha ha. ain't she sumpin'?" She's something all right. And it frightens me. Literally. 

Please encourage everyone to register. Especially the young, the idealistic and the thinkers. Really. Short of some other huge skeletons rattling around in her closet, it's our only hope.

3 comments:

Terri said...

You were reading my mind. I just posted a rant over at my blog because I am seething at the idea that these monumentally stupidosities might actually win.

Check out the news at MediaMatters and Daily Kos about the voter registrations in Ohio being thrown out by the tens of thousands. Scary.

Terry S said...

My wife and I are going to help man a phone bank for Obama later this week, and we are, in fact, going to work a voter registration booth this coming week end. Of course, Indiana will probably not fall to Obama in November, but we will give it the old college try.

One Man and his Dogs said...

Yes, I'm beginning to suspect that that is just what will happen... not by a landslide, but the end result is just as potentially a disaster.